03 October 2010

Processing with Time

I finished my training for HOPE yesterday, but have not had the energy even to type a blog entry until now.  My mind has been on overload: trying to remember all of this new information, worrying about how my schedule will work out, nervous about attempting to counsel men in dire situations, excited about the chance to show the compassion that I have been shown both by Christ Himself and those who also know Him.

The parts that stick with me the most are all the details regarding the risks of abortions, how quickly babies develop all the parts of the body, and the testimonies of women who have aborted who wished someone had told them it would not have solved their problems but only cause more pain and injury.  I know without doubt I have been given a chance to help people in the darkest of situations (because guys involved in these decisions hurt, too, if they would only admit it).  This perspective makes me wonder where I've been and what I've been doing not paying attention to exactly how much pain is in the world around me.  But now, thankfully, I've been given some light, and I will walk the path towards the broken because that's where my Savior walks.

Mark 9:22  "...But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."

In whatever comes your way, know there is a God that transforms mourning into dancing, and ashes into crowns of beauty. (Psalm 30:11; Isaiah 61:3)

Be blessed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment